Membership Application Form Below
The Association of Teaching Theologians is committed to communal theological reflection in service of the ELCA, the ELCIC, and the church catholic for the sake of the Church’s witness to the Gospel in the world.
Members of the Association serve as teachers of the church concerned for the life and witness of the ELCA and the ELCIC.
Full Membership is available to such persons serving at least half-time:
- at ELCA or ELCIC seminaries;
- in departments of religion or cognate areas at ELCA or ELCIC colleges and universities; and
- at non-ELCA or ELCIC colleges, universities, seminaries, and divinity schools with teaching responsibilities directly related to the biblical/theological disciplines and function as teachers of the church.
Associate Membership is available to:
- ELCA and ELCIC members who are retired teachers of the church;
- ELCA and ELCIC members who serve in other positions (e.g., ministry in parish, synodical, and churchwide contexts) and/or whose work involves significant responsibility for theological education (e.g., adjunct instructors);
- ELCA and ELCIC members who are currently enrolled in doctoral programs in religion and/or the biblical/theological disciplines; and
members of other Christian denominations who teach religion and/or biblical/theological disciplines at ELCA/ELCIC colleges, universities, and seminaries.
- Members of the Association are informed regularly of the work of the Association and its annual Convocation. Full Members may serve on the Association’s Steering Committee and vote in the election of the Steering Committee. Associate Members are welcome to participate in Convocations (as space allows) but may not vote or hold office.
Approved, ATT Steering Committee, 13 December 2013